JBJS On-Demand Webinar: DDH in Infants: The Pavlik Harness and Beyond

Availability: In stock

$29.00
OR

Quick Overview

DDH in Infants: The Pavlik Harness and Beyond


Price: $29.00


Approved for 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditTM


Expiration Date: 4/10/2018

Details

Developmental dysplasia of the hip (DDH) is a relatively common musculoskeletal condition in newborns. Treating DDH with the Pavlik harness has proven to be safe and successful in about 90% of cases. But that leaves many unanswered questions about the 10% of patients for whom this treatment is not effective or causes complications.

This complimentary JBJS webinar will focus on how pediatric orthopaedists can:

  • Identify patient characteristics that help predict Pavlik harness failure
  • Understand the role of ultrasound in managing DDH
  • Recognize and prevent complications from using the harness
  • Successfully treat patients who need a post-Pavlik approach

Daniel Sucato, MD will discuss two ultrasound measurements that a 2010 JBJS study concluded can help predict Pavlik harness failure.  Lucas Murnaghan, MD will discuss the association between femoral nerve palsy and failure of Pavlik treatment, based on a 2011 JBJS study. And Wudbhav Sankar, MD will discuss the success of Ilfeld bracing, versus closed reduction and spica casting, after Pavlik harness failure, based on a 2015 JBJS study.

Commentary from DDH expert Scott Mubarak, MD will expand on all three author presentations. The last 15 minutes of the webinar will be devoted to a live Q&A session, during which audience members can ask questions of the authors and commentator.