JBJS On Demand Webinar: Implementing Medicare's Quality-Incentive Programs in Clinical Practices
This on-demand webinar was recorded on August 15, 2017.
Are you confused and frustrated by Medicare’s Quality-Incentive Programs – the Merit Based Incentive Payment System (MIPS), Comprehensive Care for Joint Replacement (CJR), and the Surgical Hip and Femur Fracture Treatment (SHFFT) model? If so, this webinar is for you.
At the completion of the webinar, the participant will be able to:
- Describe the practical implications of choosing quality measures under MIPS including how to select, report on, and be compensated for these measures.
- Identify the issues associated with managing high-risk patients with low-cost, high-quality orthopaedic care.
- Explain the practical issues of partnering with hospitals and post-acute care organizations to report performance measures and improve patient care.
During this webinar, hosted jointly by The Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery (JBJS) and the American Orthopaedic Association (AOA):
- Brian McCardel, MD will discuss choosing MIPS-related quality measures, improving performance on those measures, and qualifying for bonuses.
- Thomas Barber, MD, FAOA, will focus on managing clinical care including how to deliver low-cost high-quality care for high-risk orthopaedic patients.
- Alexandra Page, MD will discuss partnering with hospitals and post-acute organizations to improve patient care and reap financial rewards.
Moderated by Douglas Lundy, MD, FAOA, an orthoapedic trauma surgeon committed to improving high-quality patient care, the webinar will include a live Q&A session between the audience and panelists.